COME WORK WITH US
Join the Team
· Position: Combat Sports Assistant Coach
· Role: Full Time (37 hours per week) 1 Year Contract with potential to make permanent
· Pay: £15,000.00 per anum
· Location: St Albans, Harpenden & Local areas
· Post starts 23rd August 2021
· Ideal for a School Leaver, Gap Year Placement or University Graduate
· Coaching experience welcome, but not necessary
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and engaging individual, who has a flare for coaching and community engagement to join our coaching and business team at the Hertfordshire Combat Centre. As a Combat Sports Assistant Coach you will help our members to realise their potential through support, advice and encouragement. You will support the growth of the Hertfordshire Combat Centre provision in all sporting areas and assist with business development tasks. Working as an Assistant Coach your responsibilities include delivering combat training sessions at the Hertfordshire Combat Centre and in the local network of schools associated with our Organisation. There are fantastic opportunities for your own professional development in coaching qualification, business skills and more, as you work through our Continual Professional Development Programme. Previous experience is not necessary for the role, but a passion for teaching and sports is crucial to help support our members. Training and relevant qualifications will be provided.
Key Responsibilities include
· Attend scheduled sessions organised at the Hertfordshire Combat Centre and the local schools associated with it.
· Teach relevant skills, tactics and techniques in Combat Sports
· Adapt to the needs and interests of group and/or individual participants
· Monitor and enhance performance by providing tuition, encouragement and constructive feedback
· Develop training programmes
· Undertake administrative tasks ( e.g maintaining registers)
· Assist with the recruitment of students for the program.
· Deliver high impact social media content
· Encourage participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge and techniques
· Ensure that participants train and perform to a high standard of health and safety at all times
· Act as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with
· Liaise with Coaches and Admin Teams
· Abide to all child safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
· Fulfil other duties as assigned by the Hertfordshire Combat Centre.
· Report to Combat Centre Management Team
You'll need to show evidence of the following:
· the ability to quickly develop successful working relationships with people from different backgrounds and with varying levels of sporting ability
· a desire to help other people succeed
· excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· team building ability
· enthusiasm, flexibility and patience
· awareness of equality and diversity issues, including those related to sport and disability
· organisational skills
· communicating instructions and commands using clear, simple language demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence
· Inspire confidence and self-belief
Application closes Saturday 5th June 2021 Contact: Maria email@example.com
COMPLETE APPLICATION TODAY